Monday, March 10, 2014

21 and over

So this was a hectic week and I was unable to fit in a recipe.  I'm hoping I can compensate next week and cook two things! I'm also considering kicking it down to either one movie or one recipe.  If I do both that's great! But it might more realistic to set out to do one instead of both.  We shall see...

So this movie I picked a more recent movie that I wanted to see in the theaters, but I missed out on it.  I watched the young college flick 21 and Over (2013).  I remember it's opening weekend wasn't spectacular, but I added it to the bowl because it was one I wanted to watch when I first saw the trailer. Overall I liked it.  If you're into the raunchy hangover-workaholics-21jump street types of comedies that are full of relevant pop culture references, than this is the movie for you.  Personally, I enjoy those types of comedies so this was an easy watch.  The premise of the movie is about 3 best friends that set out to celebrate the 21st birthday of one of the friends.  He has a very important Med school interview in the morning, which is where the trouble ensues.  The entire movie follows the 3 friends attempt to get their newly 21 year old friend back in time (as well as competent enough) for his interview.  The witty banter between the friends is enough to keep you entertained, but the hysterical situations that they get themselves into is enough to make you wish you were celebrating your 21st birthday all over again. There were times that the storyline fell flat, and pushed the lines of reality, but I would recommend it for anyone that enjoys the movies stated above.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I have also waited till the movie was online or something to watch it as well. Like you said it was an good movie overall depending on whose watching such as most teens and younger generations now. I don't think the older generation would like it much. It was a funny movie and I have watched it a couple times and it gives a good laugh especially for those about to turn 21 or for those wanting to be 21 again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched 21 and over at the theater. It was funny but hectic.

    ReplyDelete